The WhytManga Tournament is to help pull the art community together and to help other artists get some recognition for their work, I feel bad when good art doesnt get viewed and random ones do, its time for all yaw to shine!(cheezy i know). Its also to help all participants improve their art by competing with other in a friendly and fun manner! Entries will be given shout outs during the contest just to show others their competition.
The Whyt Manga Tournament is sponsored by SmithMicro (Creators of Manga Studio)my.smithmicro.com/
HOW IT WORKS
There are 5 rounds with 5 different art challenges.
I will pick my TOP 16 Entries out of all entries
Knock out stageout of the TOP 16, each artist will face one another, artist A vs artist B (as pairs), they will be assigned a new challenge and I will pick the one i think is better from each pair. to create a TOP 8.
Third Round- Quarter finals
same with the second round but with a new challenge to create the TOP 4
Fourth Round- Semi finals
same with the third round but with a new challenge to create the TOP 2
Fifth Round- Finals
the TOP 2 artists will face off for victory and the title of the winner of the Tournament.
HOW TO QUALIFY FOR ELIGIBILITY!
-Must Favorite and Like this video(Link below in the aboutsection)
-Must Leave a Comment Confirming yourparticipation in the tournament on this video.
-Must be subscribed to Whyt Manga onYoutube(Link below).
-Must have a Deviantart.com account and a Mangamagazine.net account.
HOW TO ENTER/SUBMIT
-leave a link to a clear version of your entry, the clearer version should be on both Mangamagazine and Deviantart. If you do not have a Mangamagazine account or deviantart account, please make them, its free, takes no time and the sites are amazing for art inspiration.
-If you want to make a video responce entry on the tournament video, thats fine, just be sure to STILL submit clear versions of your entry on Mangamagazine.net and deviantart (THAT'S KINDA THE COMPULSORY PART)...LINKS BELOW.
- Link your entries to my Deviantart (link below) by either posting it on my deviantart page or sending me a message with the link to your work on deviantart.
DEADLINE FOR ROUND 1 (other rounds will be shorter):June 19th 2013. late entries may not be accepted(depends). you have a month, so get to it and have fun!!
NOW THIS PART FOR ELIGIBILITY IS NOT MANDATORY BUT WILL HELP THE TOURNAMENT AND YOU, GIVING UPDATES AND ANSWERS TO GENERAL QUESTIONS AND GIVE GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS CONCERNING THE DRAWING TOURNAMENT. the more you follow the more you knw..
-If you have a facebook, please like the WhytManga facebook page for updates on the tournament and promotion of the tournament. Link below.
-If you have a twitter, please like the WhytManga twitter page for updates on the tournament and promotion of the tournament. Link below.
-If you have a Mangamagazine profile, please fan the WhytManga Tournament blog page for promotion of the tournament. Link below.
-If you have a Deviantart, please favorite this WhytManga Tournament journal for promotion of the tournament. Link below.
(Those who promote the tournament in other extra ways will get SPECIAL SHOUT OUTS from me at the end of the tournament and during).
NOTE:Sorry If that was too much, but Im doing it so that the tournament will be popular and reach out to many artist, thank you for understanding.
-Draw some very creative fanart of the main characters from my manga "Apple Black"(Link below)
-The artwork must include at least 2 of the characters from my manga/comic "Apple Black", links to these characters and their descriptions below. You can also READ "APPLE BLACK" for a better feel of the characters in order to create better fanart for the challenge.
NOTE: you DO NOT have to fan my manga/comic "Apple Black" if you don't like it, I am just suggesting you read for a better chance of creating a good entry to proceed to the next round of the tournament. BUT if you do end up liking the comic, Please fan the "Apple Black" for support, THANK YOU.
-You can add your own characters to the equation and be creative, they could be at the beach, fighting, playing, you can even make my characters wear casual clothes even, JUST MAKE SURE THAT They are recognizable.
-Your have UNLIMITED! Entries for this first round.
-Work must be made for this tournament.
-Nothing too sexual, Be Original, Creative and have fun!
All winners will be announced!
1st Place- Manga Studio 5 (Sponsored by SmithMicro), Featured by me on all networks I'm on and a commission from me of your own Character.
2nd Place- Manga Studio 5 (Sponsored by SmithMicro), Featured by me on all networks I'm on.
WHYTMANGA TOURNAMENT VIDEO:youtu.be/7DKQxNeni7I
READ MY MANGA/COMIC APPLE BLACK:www.mangamagazine.net/manga-an…
NEED MORE REFERENCE FOR MY CHARACTERS?odunze.deviantart.com/gallery/…
WHYTMANGA YOUTUBE ACCOUNT:www.youtube.com/channel/UCvMBM…
WHYTMANGA TOURNAMENT ON MANGAMAGAZINE:www.mangamagazine.net/blogs/Wh…
APPLE BLACK CHARACTERS DESCRIPTIONSwww.youtube.com/playlist?list=…
Any questions? Please leave the in the comments below or at the other already mentioned social networks, links below!
FAQs - Frequently asked questions:
1. Can we do crossovers of our characters with apple black characters, also can we do crossovers with popular characters of other famous manga like bleach, naruto, soul eater, samurai champloo, death note etc with apple black characters? - yes.
2. can we have more reference of your characters? no need, apart from the gallery i provided for you guys, there are more references through out the gallery and if you still need refrences, just wing it
3. height of apple black characters? osamu, saito, ryuzaki and sano are about 5.7 and then yurii and neon are about 5.6, their ages are about 12-13-14, so they are young.
4. can we draw other apple black characters apart from the main 6? i reluctantly said yes, but be careful, i do not have too much reference on them and do not plan on talking about them anytime soon and some of them are FIRST DRAFTS, so they might not look like that in the actual manga. but yes, here are more apple black characters, whom are older:
5. Is this tournament only for manga artists? nope!, all artists are allowed. digital, traditional, realistic...sculpture! is all allowed, all artists are welcome! have fun!.
6. All ages are allowed to enter the contest and participants from everywhere are allowed in! have fun folks!.
7. How will we know the who qualifies for the next round? I will make a new video for each of the 5 rounds.
8. How do we know if we qualify for the next round? I will make announcements on all my social networks and make a new video announcing winners.